An aptitude test is an exam used to determine an individual’s skill or propensity to succeed in a given activity. It is used to determine an individual’s ability, assessing how they are likely to perform in an area in which they have no prior training or knowledge. So, here a list of 15 best Accenture Aptitude Questions 2021:
1.A train running at the speed of 60 km/hr crosses a pole in 9 seconds. What is the length of the train?
- 120 metres
- 180 metres
- 324 metres
- 150 metres
Speed = (60 x 5/18)m/sec = 50/3 m/sec.
Length of the train = (Speed x Time).
Length of the train = (50/3 x 9)m = 150 m.
2. If 2994 ÷ 14.5 = 172, then 29.94 ÷ 1.45 = ?
29.94/1.45 = 299.4/14.5
= (2994/14.5 x 1/10)
[Here, Substitute 172 in the place of 2994/14.5]
3. A man’s speed with the current is 15 km/hr and the speed of the current is 2.5 km/hr. The man’s speed against the current is:
- 8.5 km/hr
- 9 km/hr
- 10 km/hr
- 12.5 km/hr
Man’s rate in still water = (15 – 2.5) km/hr = 12.5 km/hr.
Man’s rate against the current = (12.5 – 2.5) km/hr = 10 km/hr.
4. An accurate clock shows 8 o’clock in the morning. Through how many degrees will the hour hand rotate when the clock shows 2 o’clock in the afternoon?
Angle traced by the hour hand in 6 hours = (360/12x 6)° = 180°
5. The difference between the present age of a man and of his daughter is 28. The average of their ages now is 28. What are their present ages in years?
- 28, 56
- 14, 42
- 7, 35
- 35, 14
Let the daughter’s present age be x.
The present age of father = 28+x
According to the question, the average age is 28.
Hence, (28+2x)/2 =28.
Therefore, the daughter’s present age is 14 and the father’s present age is 42.
6. If the length and breadth of a rectangle is doubled, what is the percentage change in the area of the rectangle?
Let the initial length of the rectangle be l and breadth be b. Area = lb
New length = 2l
New breadth = 2b
New area = 4lb
Percentage change in area = ((4 lb – lb)/ lb) ×100 = 300%
7. The speed of a car is 45 km/h. The distance traveled by car in 240 minutes is the same as the distance traveled by train in 25 minutes. What is the speed of the train in km/h?
- 420 km/hr
- 330 km/hr
- 120 km/hr
- 432 km/hr
240 minutes = 240/60= 4 hours.
Distance traveled by car in 4 hours = 45×4 = 180 km.
Time taken by the train to travel 180 km = 25 minutes = 25/60 hours.
Speed of the train = Distance/ time = 180/ (25/60) = 432 km/hr.
8. A 20-liter solution contains oil and kerosene in the ratio 3:5, replacing 4 liters of a mixture with 4 liters of kerosene. What will be the ratio of oil and kerosene?
When 4 liters are taken out of 20l, the amount of oil in remaining 16 lt = 3/8×16 = 6. Hence the remaining 10 liters would be kerosene. Now an additional 4 liters of kerosene is added to the solution. So the total quantity of kerosene = 14 liters. Ratio of oil: kerosene = 6/14 = 3/7.
9. In a group of 8 boys, 2 men aged at 21 and 23 were replaced, two new boys. Due to this the average cost of the group increased by 2 years. What is the average age of the 2 new boys?
According to the given data, Average of 8 boys increased by 2, this means the total age of boys increased by 8×2 = 16 yrs.
So the sum of the ages of two new boys = 21+23+16 = 60. Average of these = 60/2 = 30.
10. A shopkeeper bought 30kg of rice at Rs.75 per kg and 20 kg of rice at the rate of Rs.70. per kg.If he mixed the two brands of rice and sold the mixture at Rs.80 per kg. Find his gain.
CP = 30×75 + 20×70
= 2250 + 1400
SP =80×(30+20) = 4000
Hence, Gain = 4000-3650 = 350
11. Choose the most appropriate choice to fill-in or replace the underlined portion(s) of the sentences below :
This _____________ a treat.
(a) calls at
(b) calls against
(d) calls for
Answer: (d) Calls for
The mangoes _______________ over time said Ashok.
(a) will ripen
(b) was ripe
Answer: (a) will ripen
The least considered in the latest Maoist attacks __________the innocent victims.
(d) have been
Answer: (c) are
Uprooting plants _______ like uprooting your life!
(b) have been
Answer: (c) is
12. Choose the best synonyms for the following words:
- Land up
- Show up
- Crop up
- Come up
13. Choose the best antonyms for the following words:
14. Identify the set of words which are similarly related
- Elucidate: Clear
- Illuminate: darken
- Exaggerate: aggravate
- Progressive: aggressive
Routine and unusual are words which are opposite to each other.
(b) Illuminate: Darken are two pairs of words which share a similar relationship. The pairs of words, (a)elucidate & clear, (c)exaggerate & aggravate are synonyms of each other. The pair of words (d)progressive and aggressive do not hold any relationship.
Here are the word meanings of progressive and aggressive:
Progressive – gradual development in stages/ favoring a social reform
Aggressive – an aggressive person is someone who is likely to attack
15. I hope for a day when Indian people will file lawsuits _____
- at the drop of an egg
- at the drop of a ball
- at the drop of an eagled
- at the drop of a hat
‘At the drop of a hat’ is an idiom which means immediately or without any hesitation.
Accenture HR interview questions and answers for Freshers.– Click Here