Amazon.com, Inc. is an American multinational technology company which focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. It has been referred to as “one of the most influential economic and cultural forces in the world”, and is one of the world’s most valuable brands.
Role: Software Development Engineer 1
- As an SDE on our team, you will be responsible for leading the architecture, design, development and launch of some of the core product features.
- You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices to delivery high quality products.
- You will tackle large complex projects, massive data volume + complex business rules in a highly distributed and service-oriented architecture. Also, create reliable, scalable, secure products for our customers in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
Batch: 2020, 2021, 2022
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
This position requires that you are a significant and autonomous contributor. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements.
- Your work is consistently high quality.
- You solve complex problems, applying appropriate technologies and best practices.
- Your focus is on designing, developing and effectively applying automated solutions that test major portions of software (e.g., significant component, set of features, mid-size application, service, etc.).
- You prevent and find defects early.
- You apply software testing techniques, such as equivalence class partitioning, boundary value testing, etc.
- You build complete test and/or measurement solutions (e.g., performance, load, scalability, usability, etc.)
- You use data from testing, deployment, and production to measure quality and provide actionable improvement to the product.
- You write code that an SDE unfamiliar with the system can understand.
- You are proficient in a broad range of design approaches and know when it is appropriate to make trade-offs.
- Your solutions are pragmatic.
- You do things with the proper level of complexity the first time (or at least minimize incidental complexity).
- You consider the legacy of the code you produce, limiting the use of short-term workarounds.
- You create flexible software without over-engineering.
- You re-use where possible, while being judicious about introducing dependencies.
- You are efficient with resource usage (e.g., designing to avoid impacting the system under test.)
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
- B.E/B.Tech in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 0-2 years of software development Experience developing high quality, large scale consumer applications.