In Cisco, we have an outstanding opportunity where we actually get to use the technology we build!
We are Innovators
We drive innovation to propel business transformation while maintaining operational quality.
We are Accelerators
We accelerate digital solutions to generate cost savings and efficiency gains for enterprise growth and success.
Location: Bangalore, India
Area of Interest: Engineer – Software
Job Type: New Graduate
What You’ll Do
In Supply Chain Operations we have an opportunity and the responsibility to enable Cisco’s business now and prepare for the future. Our vision and strategy continue to emphasize the importance of providing our customers an unrivalled customer experience by delivering a flexible, innovative and scalable supply chain while continuing to build upon our strong operational foundation. Cisco is also committed to social and environmental responsibility in our supply chain. We work with our suppliers to maintain a sustainable supply chain that meets our standards for ethics, labor practices, health and safety, and the environment.
We encourage you to become a part of this dynamic organization where on a daily basis we leverage Cisco’s aggressive competitive spirit and accelerate time to market by empowering our employees to use their expertise to take good business risks. As Cisco expands into new technologies, and geographies, it’s become an exciting time to be part of the Supply Chain Operations team.
There are two sub roles
Software Engineer – Product ops
• Support Engineer for the End-to-End Third Party Software Compliance and Risk Management (TPSCRM) platform that governs and drives all the Open Source and Commercial product component licenses verification and compliance management in addition to serving as the repository of all Cisco’s Product Bill Of Materials (P-BOMs) and associated publications.
• Strong Customer focus and ability to follow-up on issues, train end users globally will be crucial to this role as this role will be interacting with all customers across the various Cisco Engineering organizations
• Solid understanding of Software Product development life cycle, CI/CD processes, Defect analysis and validation processes
• Review the user submitted tickets (cases) related to issues found in TPS Eco system (TPSCRM platform) and perform the initial round of triaging and analysis of the problem before routing to Tier-2 support for resolution.
• Train the end-users of the basic Third-party platform functionality and enable the workflow on areas of question
• Monitor, track the issues filed by the customers and create weekly/monthly/quarterly reports
• Ensure Level-2 & Level-3 cases are getting the necessary traction and addressed by Engineering Team to prevent SLA impacts
• Strong knowledge and experience in using Open source components, libraries from various suppliers will be preferred
• High-level knowledge of Cisco processes (CPDM – Cisco Product Development Methodology, PLM – Product Lifecycle Management, CSDL – Cisco Secure Development Lifecycle) will be definite plus but not mandatory
Software Engineer –Technology and Quality
• Develop client-side software used for service delivery, data distribution, or test automation
• Collaborate with the architecture, server-side developers, QA and ops teams to drive and solidify design requirements, ensure stable software deployments, and ensure smooth transitions to the operations team
• Technical functional specification (TFS), user guide, and training documentation to capture low-level design specifications, software usage guidelines, and user training detail
• Conduct TFS reviews with the broader team to ensure solid software designs
• Provide training where appropriate
• Travel to deployment sites to gather system requirements or ensure smooth deployments where appropriate
• Provide support for production issues
• Strong Python development skills
• Strong knowledge of Web Services, XML, JSON, REST, Sockets, Multi-Thread, Linux OS, Windows OS
Who You Are
- Desired Degree: Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS /etc)
- Desired Major: Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum CGPA of 3.0 out of 4.0
- The requirement is for 2022 passout only
• At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere – From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone – We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Also Read: 10 Best Food in the World! – Delicious Food