Hello! Exams are a big part of our academic life almost becoming a challenge for most of us .There is always a vast data to study. Write and revise as well when you go ahead to sit for your exams. Well , now we have at last gathered some quite useful ways to help you in your studies. Always remember that not every method is useful for every one effectively . So always open your mind to different studying methods to see most useful one for you. How to study effectively for exam
Try to study not harder but smarter
- Arrange your study material- Always try to remember that you have keep all your notes within a hand range for effective studying and completion of syllabus. Try to stick to printed study materials.
- Use pictorial descriptions and memory flashcards- We had always seen that a colorful picture grabs your attention. Faster and longer than your normal text. It has been proven that the use of a diagram or a flowchart. Is more effective way to memorize your concepts clearly.
- Remember and connect with your basics – we know that a plant grows only after its roots grow. So always remember and understand your basic or previous class knowledge effectively to understand the new concepts better.
Always know that a healthy body is the key to a healthy mind
- Feast on brain food
- During your exams try to stay on healthy diet . So, that you can get a healthy body and give a 100 percent to your studies. Replenish your bodies water reserve without a fail to stay strong .
- Allow a regular break session – It has shown that a long studying schedule is quite less effective than shorter sessions of 2 – 3 hours at a stretch . A break helps our brain to process the data we just memorized in the previous session.
- Change your study environment – A change of scenario always helps in boosting our motivation for studying more rigorously and a new energized pace.
- Allow a light exercise in schedule – A healthy body is the key to a healthy body which leads to a healthy mind quite an essential for a strict study regime .
Revise and revise again
- Solve previous year’s question papers – A question paper is always a useful way to test your knowledge . It helps you to understand your weak points in the subject.
- Rotate between subjects – A shift of subject helps in diversifying our knowledge out the syllabus without making a cramming or intense study session.
- Think about the topic you are thinking about – A deep study always leads to some lingering thoughts and questions which can either useful or not . A good question is always worth the effort so try to generate more such doubts .
The more the merrier
- Arrange study session among friends – It has always shown that different people have different questions about the same explained topic in the class which eventually leads to explaining lot of in-depth questions.
- Try to explain your answers to yours peers for getting a more accurate version of the answer.
Always assign one job at a time to avoid multitasking .
Be alert in your class.
Stay focused on your studies.
Always ask for help
Use Survey , Questions , Read , Record, Recite , Review and Reflect on the subject.
Always charge yourself with a good sleep for a refreshed mind.
Written by – Anushka Chowdhury