International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is an American multinational technology corporation headquartered in Armonk, New York, with operations in over 171 countries.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world
Role: Software Developer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Required Education:Bachelor’s Degree
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Role and Responsibilities
As a Software Engineer, you:
- Are experienced with client-server architectures, networking protocols, application development, and using databases.
- Have experience using and developing APIs.
- Understand user and system requirements
- Understand, or experience with, Agile development methodology.
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll work in a dynamic, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications, and support those applications for our highly valued customers.
- You’ll employ IBM’s Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability.
- Design and code services, applications and databases that are reusable, scalable and meet critical architecture goals.
- Create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that are clean, well-documented, and easy to use.
- Create and configure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) applications. Design and implement large scale systems and Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) that enable continuous delivery.
Who You Are:
- You are highly motivated and have a passion for creating and supporting great products?
- You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines, and you have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
- You have a solid understanding of software development and programming languages.
- You have the ability to learn new skills quickly and use the skills efficiently.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Looking forward for 0-3 years of Experience.
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration technologies such as Open Shift Container Platform (OCP), Kubernetes
- Familiarity with cloud-based providers: IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure, google compute, etc. and their hosting tools and APIs
- Experience with developing Internet Services; and/or Managed Services
- Experience working with and developing APIs
- Experience working with operating systems (Linux, RedHat Open Shift…etc.).
- Familiarity with various Cloud and DB technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, CouchDB, Cassandra, and Postgres
- understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Deployment automation, experience with CI-CD tooling such as Jenkins
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Skills with Test Tools such as Jest, Cypress, Codecept
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Knowledge on Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of Cloud and Cloud tools, microservices architecture
- Knowledge on CI/CD based development practice
- Good Problem-Solving Skills
- Good Communication Skills – English
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Solid experience with OCP Native containers
- Scripting and deployment topology knowledge: python, shell, ansible, chef, puppet, etc
- Monitoring workloads through clouds (New Relic, Sysdig, Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana)
- Cloud concepts around Auto-scale and auto-recover cloud components
- General IT security standards, principles, and compliances (ISO27k, SOC2, GDPR, PCI, etc.)
- Familiar with cloud infrastructure technologies: ArgoCD, Terraform, etc.
- Familiar with RPA or AI technologies