At Nokia, we create technology that helps the world act together.
As a trusted partner for critical networks, we are committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed, and cloud networks. We create value with intellectual property and long-term research, led by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs.
Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
Cloud and Network Services
Cloud and Network Services is a leading Nokia business group that offers Network solutions on Core, Business and Enterprise segments, as well as Cloud solutions and Cognitive Services. It is a newly formed business group, that includes most of the former Nokia Software business, Nokia’s enterprise solutions, core network solutions including both voice and packet core, and managed and advanced services from its former Global Services unit. This unit will also act as a delivery channel of certain products from other business groups to enterprise customers. Cloud and Network Services (CNS) will target growth by leveraging the industry transition to cloud-based delivery, network-as-a-service business models, and software-led value creation.
In Digital Trust, big data, machine learning, the Internet of Things, Cyber Security and Cloud are at the heart of our portfolio. We help create the secure, ultra-connected world in which we live and develop innovative solutions for 5G, smart cities, autonomous cars, health services, public safety, and smart utilities.
Come and join our team to ensure that this connected world will be safe, secure and respectful of our privacy.
You will be part of the Digital Trust’s latest adventure in providing a view of the overall alert/threat level in the network based on risk, threat intelligence, and analytics specific to 5G networks. More than that, we bring intelligent lockdown and corrective actions to critical infrastructure protection.
We are looking for a Junior Software Developer to join our new, dynamic team of talented professionals to create an innovative, industry-leading, automated security SaaS offering Cyberdome (Automated Defense Center), and to define the automated procedures for immediate response to Emergencies or for detection and response to Mobile network infrastructure attacks.
You will be part of an agile team responsible for the specification, design, development and testing of the product.
Job Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
The main responsibilities will be to
- Design and/or test and execute integration, operation and deployment of security solutions; requiring knowledge in multiple technical areas, i.e. security, cloud and radio access network domain.
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
Required Minimum Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
Bachelor´s degree or equivalent experience required, Candidates with degree in a technical field (CS, EE, etc.) will be more relevant, Master´s is a plus
At least 0-3 years of experience in the software development industry
- Good understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Good knowledge of Java, Java APIs, J2EE/Jboss, SQL database (MariaDB)
- Knowledge in Docker, OpenStack, Kubernetes, Helm, Containerized Applications, Microservices.
- Knowledge of public cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Basic knowledge in Network Security
- Good in scripting languages (e.g., Bash/Shell scripting, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge of unit tests automation tools (Junit, Jenkins)
Desired Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- Experience in security tools and technologies
- Knowledge of Telecom (e.g. 3GPP, TCP/IP, OSS, etc.)
- Any certifications in security area are an asset
- Experience with cryptography: symmetric, asymmetric, PKI, AES, RSA, ECC, ECDH
- Knowledge of technologies like (ReactJS, Redux)
- Desire to learn new skills and new technologies
- Experience with agile development process
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced environment to deliver quality solutions
- Creative, problem-solving mind-set and innovative thinking
- Excellent interpersonal/team skills
- Able to communicate and work within a multi-national matrix organization
- Fluent in oral and written English.
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.